Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Favourite Cartoon Characters

Huckleberry Hound


I really loved watching huckleberry hound when I was a kid. He has been everything from a fireman to a police officer. He was even a superhero in an episode of Yogi's Ark or whatever that show was called. My three favorite Huck Hound cartoons are the freeway patrol. The one with fox stealing the chickens and lastly the cartoon where he was a Mounty. I think that has to be my favorite. Throwing the snowballs part is my favorite simply because of the outcome. He gets it in the end but ends up catching Jock or whatever his name is in the end. Huckleberry Hound was always silly but he was fun enough to watch over and over again.

Daffy Duck


The one duck who is a spotlight stealer. He is jealous and ego driven. I find daffy duck to be a very funny character. I have seen all of his cartoon and he makes me laugh every time and that is what a great cartoon character should do. He or she should make you laugh every time they are on screen. In Duck Amuck and Robin Hood Daffy. Daffy Duck does just that and then some. Duck Amuck is awesome because Daffy is put through different scenes and has to change things outfits and things. There is even times where he isn't even there. I love that cartoon and in fact it is my second favorite cartoon of all time. Overall Daffy Duck is hilarious and pun intended will quack you up.

Goofy


The ever popular dog bi-ped dog friend of Mickey Mouse. I always liked goofy because no matter how clumsy he is. Goofy always seems to succeed at anything. I think everyone remembers those shorts with the narrator such how exercise or how to get a date. Goofy's been in ever era plus has had a TV show and two movies. Not to mention he has appeared in other movies that he wasn't the star such as Mickey and The three musketeers and Disney's Christmas Carol as Jacob Marley. I don't really count him as a star of the Three Musketeers simply because Mickey's name is in the title. Goofy always clumsy and always funny. Goofy seems to be a perfect pick for my number 2 spot.


Bunny


What can be said about Bugs Bunny that hasn't already been said. He is a great character and very well among fans of cartoons. The very first cartoon I saw was a Bugs Bunny cartoon. You know I actually got in trouble when I was a kid because of a Bugs Bunny cartoon. This line was the line that I was grounded for," Goodnight rover don't forget your rubbers." Of course he threw a pair of slippers to a dog that was outside. My dad and mom both got me in trouble for it. Until I showed them the cartoon and then I was let off the hook for it. I think that is when I knew that cartoons were never really made for kids. If they were then lines like that wouldn't be allowed. Now cartoons are taken in as a Children's medium. That is one bugs bunny memory that will always be with me.

1 comment: